Summer is here and trail running season is heating up. Put the Sierra Crest Ultra Run on your schedule and start training. We promise you won’t be disappointed if you sign up.
Top 5 Reasons to Register for the Sierra Crest Ultra Trail Run
- Amazing scenery – The Sierra Crest Ultra run runs through the Tahoe National Forest on spectacular single track trails past meadows of wildflowers that will be in full bloom and over mountain passes with views of Donner Lake and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. For views and maps check out the course preview.
- Fully stocked aid stations – We pride ourselves on having a variety of foods and beverages at each station along with helpful and encouraging volunteers. We are here to make your race the best it can be. Aid Stations will have water, energy drinks, bars from Nature’s Bakery, Hammer Nutrition, Coke, 7-Up, fruit, cookies, M&Ms, PB&J, small sandwiches, pretzels, crackers.
- Free socks and a chance to win a free pair of shoes! – Everyone who registers before June 30th will receive a free pair of Darn Tough Vertex running socks when they pick up their race packet and be entered into a drawing to win a free pair of Salomon shoes.
- Amazing Lodging options – Truckee and North Lake Tahoe have a wide variety of lodging options from hotels, vacation rental houses to camping, something for every budget and style. However prices will start to increase and choices will become limited as the race date approaches since this is a popular tourist destination. If you need a place to stay it’s better to book it sooner than later.
- Less stress and more training time – Once you know you are registered you can focus on your training goals and relax knowing you have a secured spot in this fun race. The race is limited to around 200 participants and has sold out every year. Read our recent blog post with Training Tips for Running a 30k.
Encouraging words from the 2016 women’s 50k winner and Truckee local Kati Clark ~“The 31 (50km) mile course is designed to be runner-friendly, with a more gradualelevation gain than many crazy long distance events,” Clark remarked. “I hadn’t competed in anything over a 7km race before, and though I did train hard with the Sierra Crest 50k as my goal, I loved it. My favorite section was from Hawk’s Peak to Glacier Point and down into Negro Canyon. The views were incredible!
We hope you will join us for this amazing run filled with friendly people, beautiful trails and fun times. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns that we can help you with.
Thank you to our race partners:
Auburn Ski Club, Tahoe Donner Association, Salomon, Darn Tough, Ultimate Direction, Silver Sage Sports and Fitness, Camelbak, Nature’s Bakery, Hammer Nutrition, The Brewing Lair, Sierra Symmetry, Adventure Sports Journal. Special thanks to The Truckee Donner Land Trust, and to Tahoe National Forest for their cooperation, permission and trail use permit.