Camping Chairs Galore!
An In-Depth Look at the Best Camp Chairs of 2019
There’s no better way to test out a bunch of camping chairs than on a camping trip. And, I was lucky enough to have my frequent adventure buddy, Theresa, along with me for a weekend of camping and hiking on the East Side of the Sierra. Meeting halfway between our houses, at Paradise Shores Camp on Bridgeport Reservoir, we set up basecamp for a long weekend of outdoor living and playing.
Watch the videos below, or here’s a quick summary of each.
Together, we put each one of these chairs through the paces. And, made sure to ask any friendly campers for their opinions too!
An all-around favorite and the best bang for your buck.
Also available in a loveseat version.
- Easy to take out and put away with wrap-around style bag
- Easy fold/un-fold setup
- Good armrests
- Good drink holder
- Nice height (not too high or tippy)
- Takes up a lot of storage room in the car
- Not as comfortable as the pricier chairs, but not bad!
Helinox Chair One
A lightweight and compact favorite for backpacking.
See the Helinox Chair Zero for an even lighter weight version, perfect for backpacking!
- Very lightweight and very small, easy to throw in the car
- Easy to set up once you get the hang of it
- No armrests
- No drink or phone storage pockets
Nemo Stargaze Recliner Luxury Chair
The ultimate camping chair for those looking to splurge.
- The plushest, most comfortable camp chair ever!
- Perfect for accidentally falling asleep at the campfire
- Relax while rocking
- Plenty of storage for your phone and drink
- Easy to set up
- On the pricier side
- The fabric gathers behind the knees of shorter people
- There is a specific spot you need to hold for standing up/sitting down
- Takes up a lot of room
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Tahoe Mountain Sports will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Affiliate commissions help fund the content for this blog.