38th Annual Squaw Mountain Run
For the past 38 years, every summer, hundreds of runners and hikers have made the annual trek to the top of Squaw Valley while enjoying a great workout with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the High Sierra. By signing up you too can be a part of this tradition which also helps raise money for the Tahoe Forest Cancer Center and Auburn Ski Club.
This epic run starts at the base of Squaw Valley Ski Resort (elevation 6200’) and climbs up 2000′ feet in 3.6 mile to High Camp (elevation 8200’) where awards, raffle, music, light refreshments & beer await you.
The race takes place on Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 9 am.
Highlights include: 2,000 vertical feet of climbing, abundant wildflowers, fully stocked aid stations with friendly volunteers, after party and maybe even some snow to slide around on. There’s even a cash prize from Fiftyfify Brewery for winners!
Choose to RUN or take a more leisurely pace and HIKE, or Nordic WALK (hike with poles). This is a fun event for the entire family! There’s also an option to take the cable car up to High Camp and take a guided wild flower walk with Tahoe Institute for Natural Science or take a yoga class so everyone can participate and enjoy this beautiful location.
|Before 7/4||July 5- July 26||July 27||Day of Race|
- Transport of your spare clothes up to High Camp (bring a compact bag – labeled with your name) for your gear
- Two aid stations on the course (first one with just water, second with water, energy drink and Heed & Hammer Gel to fuel you for the last push to the finish)
- Awards for the uphill competitors – top 3 places in 10 year age categories
- Brad Henry Mugs for the top 3 men and top 3 women overall
- All participants entered in the raffle for some great prizes from Salomon and our other sponsors
- All participants receive a souvenir beer glass at the finish line
- Live music & light refreshments & beer at High Camp
- Discounted tram ride to High Camp for spectators
- Prayer flag at the awards to honor those who have lost their lives to cancer
- Free cable car ride back down
- Souvenir Salomon tech shirts available on a first come basis beginning at registration
$500 Cash Purse
$125 to First Place Man and Women
$75 to Second Place Man and Women
$50 to Third Place Man and Women
9:30-10:30am, High Camp
Yoga For Life
9:30-10:30am, High Camp Roller Rink
Breathe, move and flow together in an unforgettable yoga event to support those going through the challenging journey of cancer. Helping others never felt so good! Join local teachers Nikki Dean, Meg McCraken and Meghan Ruiz for this fun, inspiring and nourishing yoga class overlooking the majestic views of Squaw Valley with live music by gBrownSound. Suitable for everybody of every shape, fitness level and age. 100% of the proceeds go to providing FREE complimentary care therapies for cancer patients and their families.
Reach the top and party at High Camp! Enjoy delicious food, live music and beer from Fiftyfifty Brewery.
A Big Thanks to our Sponsors: